Faculty/Directorate: SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATICS (View All Jobs)Thika Deadline Mon,01 Mar 2021
Mount Kenya University(MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education, serving both private and Government sponsored students at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is largely known for its dynamic, comprehensive and thorough academic and vocational training system as well as linkages with internationally reputable institutions. The University operates from the main campus in Thika with campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret and Meru, as well as its Open Distance and Electronic Learning (OdeL) centres located in major towns in Kenya, Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda.
In pursuit of being a Centre of Excellence in Teaching, Research and Community Service, MKU invites applications from suitably qualified, visionary, competent, dynamic and experienced Academic professionals witht he following qualifications:
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from accredited and recognized university.
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university.
- With at least three (3) years teaching experience at university level or research or industry.
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) publication points of which at least sixteen (16) should be from referred journal papers.
Key responsibilities also include
- Adherence to the teaching requirements as per the curriculum.
- Administration of Continuous Assessments Tests.
- Examination Setting, Administration & Marking.
Areas of Specialization
- Information Security
- Business Information Communication and Technology
- Information Technology
- Information Science
- Artificial Intelligence