Faculty/Directorate: SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH (View All Jobs)Thika Deadline Mon,01 Mar 2021
Mount Kenya University(MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education, serving both private and Government sponsored students at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is largely known for its dynamic, comprehensive and thorough academic and vocational training system as well as linkages with internationally reputable institutions. The University operates from the main campus in Thika with campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret and Meru, as well as its Open Distance and Electronic Learning (OdeL) centres located in major towns in Kenya, Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda.
In pursuit of being a Centre of Excellence in Teaching, Research and Community Service, MKU invites applications from suitably qualified, visionary, competent, dynamic and experienced Academic professionals witht he following qualifications:
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from accredited and recognized university.
- At least three (3) years teaching experience as lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience.
- A minimum of thirty-two (32) equivalent publication points as a lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from referred scholarly journal.
- Supervised a minimum of three (3) postgraduate students to completion as a lecturer or equivalent.
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
Key responsibilities also include
- Adherence to the teaching requirements as per the curriculum.
- Administration of Continuous Assessments Tests.
- Examination Setting, Administration & Marking.
Areas of Specialization
- Public Health
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Health Systems Management
- Food Science and Processing Technology
- Environmental Health